1. Just realized that pt.1 was done in the opposite order (from nearly finished backwards)... This was the inkwash part. I may have previously shown this image before but now it is in a proper context of illustrating the process.
2. Next came the addition of coloured pieces of paper. In my thesis year, I abandoned using paint for painting and took up alternatives for colour placement. That was a good 4 years ago since I've started so I think it is time to move on.
3. The colour placement finished and the beginning of the inking part of the process, after the initial drawing, the inking is the most time consuming.
4. A detail of the inking process.
5. with the right amount of cropping, I think this would've made for a nice drawing in its own right.
Monday, September 8, 2008
1. This is close to the finished piece, unfortunately I didn't take any final piece photos before giving it to its intended recipient and the private collection of A. DeSilva, completed date is July 26th, 2008.
2. a detail of this near completed part of the process. Still some work left to do.
3. After the colour placement was completed.
4. This was the first piece in which I used inkwash and coloured paper to do the colour placement, I enjoyed how this piece turned out.